In searching to find the best intensive counseling package for you, you will need
specific information on what is offered so you can make the best choice. The benefit
of intensive counseling is that you can complete 8 to 20 hours of counseling within
a few days rather than eight to twenty 50-minute sessions that are spread out over
months. Because you are away from home, you can readily avoid the distractions and
life situations that can interrupt weekly counseling.
Because this is an intensive Christian counseling ministry, our packages are two,
three, or five days in length. Using the five-day package as an example, here is
what you can expect:
- The five-day package includes 20 hours of direct counseling for an individual or
couple. There is no group work involved. If married, the 20 hours will be with both
of you together. (Note: The three-day package is 12 hours; two-day package is eight
- Whether you are seeking individual or marriage counseling, you will be counseled
by two counselors. We are both Master’s level counselors and have been married for
over 40 years. It has proven to be very beneficial for the clients to have both
a male and female perspective.
- We have been Christian counselors for over 20 years and have worked with clients
from all over the United States and from several countries.
- You will stay 5 days and 5 nights in a totally private, 1500 sq. ft. premium living
area. (See Photo Gallery).
- Meals are not included. However, you will have a full kitchen with a stocked pantry,
condiments, and beverages (coffee, tea, juice, and bottled water) at no additional
- You will complete an online confidential personal history, a medical and emotional
survey, and a self-assessment questionnaire, due one week prior to your arrival.
- In advance of your visit, you will receive a copy of our book, “The Missing Commandment:
Love Yourself—How Loving Yourself the Way God Does Can Bring Healing and Freedom
to Your Life.” We will assign two chapters prior to your arrival.
- You can schedule a package on any combination of days of the week.
- When you complete your intensive counseling, you will be given a personalized prescription
with recommendations for continued healing.
- You will arrive between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on the night preceding your counseling.
Counseling begins each morning at 9 a.m. and finishes at 1 p.m.
- You will be given homework each day, as each day builds on the next. We use movies,
music, reading, writing, and other relevant resources selected to meet your personal
- Our goal in counseling is not to strategize ways to deal with presenting problems,
but to identify and bring healing of the underlying causes of the issues and struggles.
We will help each client develop ways to change unhealthy patterns by addressing
the roots of the problem.
- Our schedule is dynamic, so please contact us at your earliest convenience to reserve
the dates you desire. A deposit is required within one week of scheduling.
- The cost for this comprehensive 5-day package is $2,875 ($700 deposit). The 3-day
package is $1,725 ($400 deposit), and the two-day package is $1,150 ($300 deposit).
The deposit is required within one week of scheduling and is non-refundable.
NOTE: The cost for similar 5-day packages from other Christian counselors is $4,000
to over $7,000).
Follow-up counseling sessions can be made available at the rate of $125 per hour.
Please contact us for more information.